I initially made this sauce to go on top of Peruvian chicken stir-fry. What’s that? Well, I had never heard of it until one of my friend, Austin, told me about it. It is chicken and veggies with fries over rice. What?! That’s crazy. Fries and rice?? …I was intrigued. I had to try it. To my surprise, my taste buds were quite pleased and I really liked the combination of flavors and textures. I love trying new foods, especially when they turn out amazing!
I ended up having leftover sauce and decided to put it on top of my roasted veggie bowl. It complimented it so perfectly, I ended up making it again. My veggie bowl consists of kale leaves gently massaged in extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, then topped with roasted sweet potato, broccoli, brussels sprouts and red onion. I pour some extra virgin olive oil on my veggies, sprinkle on some Italian seasoning, pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper, toss it around to coat it nicely, then roast them 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Then I drizzle on some of the aji verde sauce and pig out! So delicious and nutritious! 😁
This sauce is adapted from this recipe. It is fresh, creamy, and has a slightly sweet, perfectly spicy kick. It also has some of my favorite ingredients: cilantro, jalapeños, garlic and fresh squeezed lime juice. It also has mayo, white distilled vinegar, aji Amarillo paste, queso cheese, salt and pepper.
It is an easy peasy toss everything into a food processor, or blender, and mix on high until it thoroughly combined and has a smooth consistency. Taste to see if you want to add more of anything, then blend again if so.
After it’s all blended, simply store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Spicy & Fresh Aji Verde Sauce
- 2 jalapeños (cored and seeded)
- 1 cup cilantro (leaves and stems, roughly chopped)
- 1½ tablespoon aji Amarillo paste
- 2 tablespoons queso blanco cheese (crumbled or grated)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- pink Himalyan salt
- ground black pepper
- In a food processor, or blender, put in jalapeños, cilantro, aji Amarillo paste, queso blanco cheese, garlic, oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend on high speed until thoroughly combined and smooth. Taste to see if you want to add more of anything, then blend again if so.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to a week.
One Comment Add yours