It’s pumpkin time! I decided to switch up my granola recipe a bit and add some pumpkin puree into the mix.
Base ingredients: rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans, and unsweetened coconut flakes.
Spices and binding agents: cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, vanilla paste, virgin coconut oil, maple syrup and organic pumpkin puree.
Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, then pour liquid ingredients on top. Fold ingredients inwards, continuing to fold and mix until thoroughly combined.
Place mixture on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet, spreading evenly across. Bake in preheated oven (325 degrees F) for 12 minutes.
Take out of oven, flip ingredients over, then place back in for 12-15 minutes (until it reaches a nice golden brown color). Let cool, then store in airtight container. Bon Appétit!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup canned organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center, then add in wet ingredients. Fold dry ingredients on top of the wet and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture onto a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes, take out and flip mixture over. Continue baking for 12-15 minutes, until it has reached a nice golden brown color.
- Let cool, then store in airtight container. Bon Appétit!